It all started with
a banner that caught
the attention of Patrick, then an email titled 'see who is the Star' sent around the world.
Of course this has to be our Rhino (sai ngau), the singing Rhino!
I still remember his first performance in Poly Singing Contest 1979, he was like a Broadway Star, may be Frank Sinatra, singing 'Operator' from the famous sentimental short lived song writer Jim Croce, but Petrus gave a relax yet hilarious flare to the song, and showed extraordinary strong confidence. The stage was more like his own entertainment show than a contest. The audience was all led by him - when to be silent and when to burst into laughter, even when to applaud, his talent made him a magician on stage.
Yet he was not satisfied at being a pop singing talent only, he chose to explore his talent into classical singing with his luxuriant baritone soon after our Poly days, and has become a virtuoso all through these years.
I happen to have a clip of Petrus singing during our gathering in Jan 1996, that I want to share with you all through the internet.
I just learn how to use a video editing program, so well, may not be as perfect as it should be, as William Hung's motto, 'I've given my best la...'
Sorry Petrus I can't keep my promise this time as not to let this clip go public, otherwise I do not know why I recorded it in the first place, you were just soooo great that night!!
Enjoy.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=o1CFRZmaIg4
Too bad I am not there... so if you are in HK and you are free on saturday night 12 July 2008, go to his concert and be flooded in his tremendous magnetic voice.
Congratulations and
Hugs to you Petrus!!
A very successful concert on Sat night!!
1 comment:
The more I look at Petrus' photo, the more I think he looks like Warren Mok 莫華倫! No wonder he has to sing Italian Opera.
Post a Comment